New construction or remodel projects create a lot of waste that can usually be reused or repurposed instead of trashed.
Habitat For Humanity ReStore – 2610 Hwy 93 South, Kalispell, 752-2905.
- Accepts most building supplies in good condition for reuse or to re-sell; some latex paints; no blinds. Call ahead.
Flathead Recon & Repeat Store – 184 Nucleus Ave., Columbia Falls, 261-3743
- Flathead Recon provides deconstruction services, construction-site & property clean-up services, waste stream audits & reclaimed building materials for sale. Will pick up construction waste for recycling at job sites. Call for info and pricing.
- The Repeat Store features used doors, windows, sinks, cabinets, lighting and plumbing fixtures, wood products, collectable antiques and more.
Remember: oil base paint, latex paint, paint thinners, turpentine, mineral spirits and solvents should never be poured down a drain or storm sewer.
Paint can be recycled at the following locations:
Oil Base Paints
- Flathead County Landfill: 758-5910 (see Household Hazardous Waste guidelines.)
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore, only take latex paint that has not been frozen.
- To dispose, remove lid and air-dry left over paint in can. Discard hardened paint with your household trash.
Go back to “Everything Else“