It is a collaborative project established in 1993 and includes the Flathead Valley Community College Service Learning Program, the Flathead County Solid Waste District, and Citizens For A Better Flathead.
The WasteNot Project annually:
- Provides school presentations to over 3000 students across the county from February to June;
- Publishes assorted guides to where and how to reduce waste in the Flathead, including our Where to Recycle brochure and newest guide, the Fix It Local Brochure;
- Works to expand recycling opportunities, like our new program working to bring recycling to the Flathead County Fairgrounds;
- Loans out up to fifty recycling bins for use at community events and provides tips for hosting zero-waste events;
- Develops programs to encourage safe disposal of hazardous waste, pharmaceutical waste, and the recycling of electronic wastes;
- Works with local businesses and others to identify ways to reduce waste and save money;
- Coordinates service learning volunteers from the community college and area high schools to provide waste education programs and research to further efforts to reduce the volume of waste entering our county landfill.
The content of this website was researched with the wonderful support of volunteers working with this project.
DISCLAIMER: No endorsement is intended or made of any hypertext link, product, service, or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this page or site. While all attempts are made to insure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or suitability of that information or any linked information presented, referenced, or implied. All critical information should be independently verified. Call 756-8993 or 758-5910 if you have suggestions or simply want additional information.